Today, the Fair Work Commission has delivered a significant decision on weekend penalty rates which will affect employers and employees in the hospitality, retail and fast food industries.
6 key outcomes are:
- Saturday penalty rates are unchanged.
- Sunday penalty rates will be reduced for hospitality, retail and fast food workers
- For hospitality workers, Sunday pay rates for full-time and part-time workers will be cut from 175 % of their standard wage to 150 %. Casual workers will be unaffected.
- For retail workers, Sunday pay rates for full-time, part-time and casual workers will be cut from 200 % of the standard rate to 150 %.
- For fast food workers, some Sunday pay rates for full-time, part-time and casual workers will be cut from 150 % to 125 %.
- Public holiday penalty rates will be reduced for hospitality, retail and fast food workers.
Further updates on the Fair Work Commission’s decision will follow in future editions of WGC’s InForm Newsletter.
If you have any questions about how these changes will affect you, contact our employment lawyers: John Hayward, Partner at email@example.com or 4046 1126 and Jessika Reghenzani, Lawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4046 1124.