Susan began her legal career at Feez Ruthning (now Allens) on the Gold Coast in the areas of property and commercial law including commercial and residential property transactions, body corporate, leasing and business transactions.
She returned to her home town of Cairns in 1993 to work at MacDonnells Solicitors, where she was appointed Partner in 1999.
Susan has also operated her own legal consultancy practice and has acted for and advised property developers, banks, bodies corporate, sugar mills and the Cairns Port Authority at various times regarding a variety of issues including land tenure and managed investments.
Susan was engaged by the REIQ to teach property law, contract law and commercial law to prospective real estate agents.
Susan joined WGC in April this year. Her current area of interest is with Wills and Estates assisting Director Jacqui Lee Long.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Testamentary Trusts
- Business Succession Planning
- Deceased Estate Administration including Probate Applications
- Management and Letting Rights
- Body Corporate and Community Management Law
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1993
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court 1993
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland, 1991
- Queensland Law Society Practice Management Course
- Queensland Law Society, Member
- Cairns String Orchestra, Treasurer